Saturday, August 14, 2010

Getting Started

I am a very busy woman. I spend most of my time at school, at work, or at home doing homework. However, every so often I get the urge to create something, and I've decided I'd like to share those things with all of you! I'll start off with some of the things I've made over the summer. I love crafting, but I really love to bake. It's my weakness. You see, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and since I've grown up baking, I like to think I'm rather good at it. I love the satisfaction of putting together a recipe and having it turn out absolutely perfect. The rave reviews my husband almost always gives doesn't hurt either :)
And so, we may as well get started. I'm new at this craft/cooking blog thing (not that I haven't read more than my fare share of other peoples' craft and food blogs!), so just bare with me until I get the hang of it.
To start off, FOOD! Naturally!
Cake Ball Truffles
(From Bakerella)
1 box of your favorite cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can of your favorite frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)

For mine, I used boring white cake and boring white frosting. 

1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can  frosting (it may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy).
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet (I used a mini cookie scoop, then rolled them a bit to get rid of the flat bottom).
4. Chill for several hours (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer).
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra).

I added sprinkles on some (do this right after dipping), and others I let set up, then drizzled more melted chocolate over them. 

On the same plate, I also have Oreo Truffles (also from Bakerella). I liked these significantly more. Because they use cream cheese instead of frosting, they seem so much creamier and rich. 


I know it's not the greatest picture, but I'm working with a point and shoot here. Kind of hard to get the short depth of field I was going for. 

There's a little teaser for you, I'll post some more of the things I've made this summer before school starts up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment