Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Spiral Cookies


For ages, I have been wanting to make these cookies from Sprinkle Bakes. Something about the bright, colorful spiral just makes me happy! I decided it was time to get to it, and since it's October, I made them candy corn colors. I love how they turned out! 

Pop on over to her website for the recipe, they are just as tasty as they are beautiful. They aren't super sweet; they are more of a buttery cookie. They kind of reminded me of the Danish butter cookies you get in a tin around Christmas time. They are also super easy to make in a food processor. My only tip is to make sure they are very cold when you cut them. If you let them sit out at all, you'll end up with a squished spiral, which just isn't as fun. I also used a serrated knife to help prevent that. On one side, you can see the back and forth motion of cutting, so just make sure to put that side down, and you're fine! 

If you end up making these, let me know. I'd love to see a picture of how yours turn out! 

1 comment:

  1. They look super cute. I might have to make some for the grandkids

    ReplyDelete