Don't know what World Nutella Day is? It's a day set aside for the celebration of Nutella!
In honor of this grand celebration of chocolatey hazelnut spread, I made some muffins. But they needed more than just Nutella. The great thing about Nutella is it's influence on other flavors. It make them sing! And one of my favorite flavor combinations, particularly for morning foods, like these muffins, is chocolate and orange. So I made Orange Nutella Swirl Muffins. And they are delicious.
Orange Nutella Swirl Muffins
1/2 C Orange juice
Zest of one orange (about 2 tsp)
1/4 C Milk
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
2 C Bisquick mix
1/3 C Sugar
1/4 C Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 400f.
2. In a large bowl, combine orange juice, zest, milk, oil and egg. Mix well.
3. Stir in sugar and Bisquick mix, just until combined. Do not over mix.
4. Prepare muffin cups by placing a cupcake liner in each cup, then spray with cooking spray. (Yes, both. Muffins have a tendency to stick much more than cupcakes)
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups, dividing evenly between 12 cups.
6. Place nutella in a ziplock bag. Snip off one end, and swirl on top of muffin batter. Drag a toothpick through the nutella to create a swirl.
7. Bake in preheated oven 13-15 minutes.